Monday, February 9, 2009

Thoughts on Thaipussam Feb 2009

Thaipusam was celebrated on Sunday 8 Feb in 2009. That meant an all day procession of devottees making pilgrimage between temples and passing in front of our church buildings. Many of these carried huge burdens on their shoulders and attached to their bodies through skin piercing. It was also a day when we celebrated the Lord's Supper. That led to this reflection.

Oh Christ my Lord and Saviour,
I thank you that you made the pilgrimage to Golgotha for me;
And that you carried the burden of my Cross, my sins;
And that your flesh was pierced for my transgressions.

Give me grace to make my life a pilgrimage .
.. of trust in your piercings 
... taking up my Cross to follow you;
All because you made this journey first for me.



No comments: