Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010


As I write this it is two months to Christmas 2010.

Christmas is usually a difficult time for me and I expect this year to be worse than usual.

Here’s why:

1. Christmas is a time of heavier work load in pastoral ministry, yet much of it seems very light and without effect.

2. It’s usually a time of family separation for me rather than family reunion.

3. My mother died on December 13 and my father on December 30. It’s thus a season of lingering grief.

4. This years Christmas carols are the funeral songs for my ministry and time in Singapore which ends soon after.


All that being said, it is the season to remember that the word became flesh and that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners such as I. That gives a quiet and deep significance which fights against the difficulties.

No comments: