Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Planning 2021

 

Planning 2021

 

At this time of year when life is a bit slower, many take the opportunity to review the past year and plan for the next.

 

In this of all years, we are aware of the contingency of our plans – as Scripture testifies (Prv 16:1-3; 9; Jas 4:13-16).

 

However, as children of the God who plans from eternity to eternity, it is good to plan rather than waste our life and service in him with aimless drifting.

 

Here is a simple tool to be used and modified as fits.

 

 

 

Personal Annual Planning Tool

 

Before God I commit to the following that I might …

 

WHO AM I? (Identity) 

 

WHAT DO I WANT TO BE IN 2021 (Vision)

 

Write a series of numbered concise individual statements that build on the identity statement

 

E.g.

1.     An engaged and supportive member of my church

 

WHAT DO I WANT TO DO IN 2021? (Mission)

 

Write a series of numbered concise individual statements that build on the vision  statement

 – everything in the vision should be represented at least once in the mission statement and everything in the mission statement should link to something in the vision statement

 

E.g.

1. Participate fully in church life as befits my circumstances

 

Goals

 

Break the mission statement into specific goals related to different life areas. Every item in the mission statement should be represented at least once in the goals and every goal should link back to the mission statement.

 

Area

Goal

M item

Evidence of achievement 

Notes

Life area

Write as a SMART goal

Write the number linking this to the mission statement

How will achievement be measured


Eg





Church

Be at church every Sunday I am in town

1

Weekly ask if I could have been there and was I there

Allow some scope for variation depending on illness and exceptional circumstances











 

·       

 

How will I keep these goals in my gaze?

 

No comments: